To take advantage of the tour of Făgăraș Fortress, plan your visit taking into account the following details:
- The visiting tax is individual and there are no group discounts
- The tickets can be bought only from the ticket office arranged at the entrance in the fortress
- Free guidance is provided for organized groups of at least 15 people
(4th of April – 30th of September)
Tuesday – Friday: 08:00-18:00
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00-18:00
(1st of October – 3rd of April)
The last entrance is possible one hour before the end of the program. Please be on time at the fortress.
To be up-to-date with the visiting schedule during holidays or days off, please consult the news page.
The visiting fees are the following:
- Adults – 30 RON
- Pupils, students – 10 RON
- Retirees – 15 RON
- Free – children under 7 years old, people with disabilities and their companions
- Photography and filming are allowed, but only for personal usage and cannot be used for commercial usage.
- Free WiFi inside the fortress: one has to connect to the WiFi network: “Cetatea Făgărașului”
The Făgăraș Fortress is halfway between Brașov and Sibiu, on National Road 1. The Entrance in the fortress is done from the Street Mihai Viteazul 1, and around it, there are parking lots since the fortress can be reached by car or by bus.
The fortress can also be reached by taking the train to Făgăraș and from the train station, it is a twenty-minute walk to the destination.
The access in the museum
All the visitors must present the tickets for control when entering the museum, not only on the first floor of the visiting circuit but also on the second floor. Once you have passed the ticket check, the visitors are obliged to use dispensable slippers over the shoes throughout the circuit.
- the museum is not responsible for all the personal belongings which are lost inside the fortress
- access with beverages and food inside the fortress is forbidden
- the access with bicycles inside the fortress is forbidden
- the use of tripods inside the museum is forbidden
Other information and services
For commercial photography or filming, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Făgăraș County Museum offers multifunctional rooms where events such as congresses, symposia, or civil ceremonies can be organized. For more information please contact us at the above-mentioned email address.